• It is used as soil conditioner to neutralise acidic soils
• It provides a source of calcium and magnesium for plants.
• It can be used for remineralising and increasing the alkalinity of purified water to prevent pipe corrosion and to restore essential nutrient levels.
• Calcium carbonate is widely used as a dietary calcium supplement ingredient for feeds production.
• It is a vital ingredient in feeds formulation used for livestock and poultry
• It is often found in medicines and cosmetics
• It is used in construction industry as a building material
• Ceramic tile adhesives typically contain 70 to 80% limestone.
• Used in glass manufacturing as a hardening agent
• It is added to toothpaste, paper, plastics, paint, tiles, and other materials as both white pigment and cheap filler.
• Golf courses use this as bunker sand